Friday, October 25, 2013

Take Me To The Tribute Universe Contest


This week we also picked a winner of our Take Me To The Tribute Universe Contest! Congratulations to Robert Rittenhouse, who was placed within the Tribute Universe in AoV: Mastermind #4 as a high ranking member of The Pentacle of Shadows! Robert wrote in on our Google+ page with the following entry:
 "I really enjoy the variety of characters that AoV has had to offer. Everything from a team to make players cry (Magnum and Mustang I'm looking at you!) to ones who hearken back to times where we had the pants scared off of us (Harvester on that one).
I would like to give a critique though. So far we have only seen one fire or heat using villain (Tectonic). I figured doing a small series of them during the summer would have been a nice counterpoint to the cold series you did in December, especially since fire powers seem to get represented the same way every time (normally Human Torch style).
I also would like to ask if we'll be seeing any dedicated magic users popping up anytime soon. Only Catseye, Bathory, Slapstick, and possible the Converter (sorta) could be said to really use any magic, and of those only Slapstick and Bathory could be said to have a focus on magic (Converter is accidental and Catseye seems to have it more as a sideline than a focus).
I do apologize if I sound like I'm whining but magic has always been my favorite part of any RPG I've played. I would really like to see some more, especially with Halloween popping up soon. A mage or alchemist could be freaking creepy as hell (maybe with homegrown minions that look like the things from Gremlins or something)."

Thanks to everyone who entered. We hope Robert enjoys his copy of Hellfire (as well as the magically themed AoVs that have been coming out all month) and his place within the Tribute Universe. Keep an eye out in 2014, as we'll be offering another chance to be a character in an Act of Villainy (or maybe an Act of Heroism).

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying it and all the AOVs you've been putting out, Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete